16. Eligible candidates to the HIC Board are elected for their individual goodwill and skills to carry out the tasks required of an HIC Board Member and to represent the social bases of their respective region.
17. Eligible candidates to the HIC Board shall belong to organizations Members of HIC in good standing for at least one (1) year at the time of their nomination.
18. Eligible candidates to the HIC Board shall be representatives of organisations which have been based in the corresponding region for at least one (1) year at the time of their nomination.
19. No employee of the HIC Secretariat or of Reference Centres may be eligible to run for or serve in a Board office. In the event that a Secretariat employee or of a Reference Centre team seeks a Board office, s/he shall resign from her/his Secretariat or Reference Centre post and serve no other post in such structure during the term of the Board office in which s/he serves
20. Candidates running for any election shall be nominated by at least two (2) organizational Members of the Coalition from the same region and other than the one to which s/he belongs.